Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


For those of you who haven't met me, I am an Irish girl. It's in my blood, it's been part of my life for as long as I can remember, and this is one of my favorite days of the year. My brother and I were involved in an Irish dancing group in Illinois when we were kids, and every St. Paddy's was filled with parades, parties, dancing, and music. We would take the day off of school to go dance all over town and celebrate the day of Our People.

While no St. Patrick's Day has been quite as exciting since I stopped dancing, the day still holds a certain energy for me, and I am excited for it every year, even if I do nothing more than drink a pint of Guinness and listen to some Irish music on my ipod.

But I feel the magic returning. I look forward to the day when we can celebrate it together, at Ankerhaus. It will be a party to remember - old friends, new friends, music until the wee hours, and we will all be swimming in stout. I can think of nothing better.

Until then...

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon you,
May the rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

Sláinte!

No comments:

Post a Comment